108871 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to add 3PAR 7200c to RMC

SOLVED
Go to solution
CorbettEnders
Advisor

Unable to add 3PAR 7200c to RMC

I am trying to add my 3PAR 7200c to my Recovery Manager Central "storage device" screen and am getting the error: 3PAR is unreachable with the given parameters. Retry the operation with a valid host address and credentials.

I am using the IP Address of my 3PAR itself, and have tried the Service Processor, and the SSMC, using the 3Paradm account and password.

Can someone shed some light on why this isn't working or which device IP and username combination I should be trying?

Thank you in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
CorbettEnders
Advisor
Solution

Re: Unable to add 3PAR 7200c to RMC

Well, I've been searching for hours, pulling my hair out, to find the answer.  I finally found it.  No mention of this anywhere in the RMC documentation.

On the 3PAR, the WSAPI service needs to be enabled.  The correct IP to use is the SAN itself, not the Service Processor, nor the SSMC IP.  

To enable the WSAPI service, go into SSMC, under Storage Systems, select the 3PAR.  Under the actions menu, click Edit.  On the next page, scroll down to WSAPI and Enable the service.  In my case, HTTPS was already enabled, but the service was disabled.

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @CorbettEnders,

I saw your post in my email notification on phone. I was about to respond in suspect of WSAPI. But good to see that you got resolved on your own.!

What you mentioned is absolutely right. Certainly it is not SSMC or SP.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

CorbettEnders
Advisor

Thanks Srinivas.  Someone really needs to update the RMC documentation and discuss the prerequisites required by each storage device.

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @CorbettEnders,

I totally agree with you on this. And I will forward your comments to the documentation team.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @CorbettEnders,

I have shared my feedback. You can share your feedback as well if you want.
Here is the list of RMC documents - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04554347

Open the document URL for which you want to share feedback. Scroll to the bottom of the browser. And follow the 'Feedback' option to share your feedback

RMC feedback.JPG

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo