1761 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: StoreOnce fans run at full speed

HsuTangJia
Regular Visitor

StoreOnce fans run at full speed

HI everyone

I built a new RMC6.3 and imported the original Config, and the Backup policy was normal.

But StoreOnce fans will run at full speed when the new RMC is on, but not when the old RMC is on.

Does anyone know why ? 

thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @HsuTangJia 

No problem. That is ok.

StoreOnce CPU/processors will be busy only when backups are writing. Rest of the time processors will not run much. So, you see this difference in the system fan speed.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

HsuTangJia
Regular Visitor

Hello @sbhat09 

Thanks for your reply and there is no backup in progress during the old and new RMC switchover.

I have tried to power on and off the old RMC, when the old RMC is powered on, the StoreOnce fans speed will be reduced, but once the old RMC is powered off, it will run at full speed again.

I start a new RMC and it doesn't slow down.

Jyothiyash
HPE Pro

Hi HsuTangJia,

Finding the root cause for this requires a detailed analysis of your configuration and recent logs.
As a quick check, please check the event logs and also resource utilization (Reports -> resources). Check the correlation between what type of events/activities are causing high resource (CPU) utilization and hence higher fan speed.

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

HsuTangJia
Regular Visitor

HI

Yes, i see and thank you .