2870 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Install Linux on logical drive by Smart Array S100i SR on DL20 GEN10

Maicoltd
Occasional Contributor

Install Linux on logical drive by Smart Array S100i SR on DL20 GEN10

Good  evening/Godd Morning good people.

I am trying to install Linux on a logical drive (RAID1) created using Smart Array S100i SR on a proliant DL20 Gen 10, but the linux installer seems not seeing the logical drive and present to the OS installer the physical disks instead.

Someone with an idea on how I can achieve this?

Regards,

SR

7 REPLIES 7
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Install Linux on logical drive by Smart Array S100i SR on DL20 GEN10

Hello,

As you are installing the operating system, it may help to dissolve the logical drive and create it again and see if it is recognized by the installer.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

utnoor
HPE Pro

Hi Maicoltd,

Let us know if you require any assistance on the installation of Linux.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
utnoor
HPE Pro

Hi Maicoltd,

we are waiting for your updates on your query.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Maicoltd
Occasional Contributor

Dear @utnoor I didn't find a solution. For windows, HP provides drivers that I can load during installations so that the OS can see the logical drive. But didn't fine similar solution for Linux.

utnoor
HPE Pro

Hi Maicoltd,

The latest Linux OS like Red Hat or SuSE would have inbuilt drivers to identify the logical drives,

in case if you have any issues let us know the hardware model, serial no., to provide assistance/solution.

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
utnoor
HPE Pro

Hi Maicoltd,

The latest Linux OS like Red Hat or SuSE would have inbuilt drivers to identify the logical drives,

in case if you have any issues let us know the hardware model, serial no., to provide assistance/solution.

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
utnoor
HPE Pro

Hi Maicoltd,

As we have not received any response, we assume that there is no issue from your end &,
We will be closing this case

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo