ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755174 Members
3577 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows Server 2016 Can't See The HPE Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eddie_2029
Occasional Advisor

Windows Server 2016 Can't See The HPE Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10

I installed Windows Server 2016 on the NS204i-P Boot Controller Device and I've successfully created an Array and Logical Drives using the Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10 but Windows doesn't see the Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10.  As stated earlier My OS Boot Controller Device is an HPE NS204i-P.  Windows does not see the Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10, also during Post the Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10 doesn't show.  When I boot into Intelligent Provisioning the Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10 obviously is there I just canтАЩt see the Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10 in Windows.  For this reason, I'm unable to create a Storage Pool and or a Storage Space.  Also, I'm having issues with installing Windows Server 2016 using the Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10, I use the USB Token and it just sits at 0% and doesn't do anything.  Also, I can't update the Firmware using the Intelligent Provisioning because when the USB Token is selected the window just returns to the Submit page and does nothing.  This is a brand-new server btw.  If thereтАЩs anyone here that has experience working with and configuring this model server HPE Proliant ML110 Gen10 Server and can help me resolve these issues, I would greatly appreciate it.  I'm more familiar working with the older Gen Servers. So far these are the only issues I have run into but for me they are major issues.

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Windows Server 2016 Can't See The HPE Smart Array Controller P408i-P SR Gen10

Hello,

You may download the "HPE Smart Array Gen10, Gen10Plus and Gen11 Controller Driver for Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022" and use it while installation and see if the controller is detected.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Eddie_2029
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thank you, I'll try that and let you know if it works or not. 

Regards,

Eddie

Eddie_2029
Occasional Advisor

@TVVJ Okay, so I installed the driver from the link you sent and that didn't change anything so I decided to install the current version of HP ProLiant Array Configuration Utility for Windows 64-bit and this is what I received when it was run.  ACU.PNG

Eddie_2029
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi,

I resolved this issue by downloading and installing the Smart Storage Administrator in Windows.

Regards,
Eddie
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Eddie_2029,

That's excellent! We are extremely glad to know you were able to find the solution and we appreciate you for keeping us posted.  

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo