HPE OneView
1761317 Members
3754 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE OV4VC 11.3, vLCM, certificates and registering SPP.

SOLVED
Go to solution
GMLU_IT
Occasional Contributor

HPE OV4VC 11.3, vLCM, certificates and registering SPP.

Hi everyone

I've been trying to use the OV4VC Service Pack Management feature to deploy a Custom SPP to all my ESX-Hosts. Sadly tough, when i try to Register the Online Software Depot with vLCM i get the following error message:

"Online software depot registration failed. Please check HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate is added into vCenter trust store. If the problem persists, please contact technical support."

I have verified that the Certificate is added to vCenter trust store and the error still persists.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
BMadina
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE OV4VC 11.3, vLCM, certificates and registering SPP.

Hi,

Registering the online depot can fail for various reasons:

1. Unsupported custom SPP (creating a custom SPP from the custom SPP portal is the only method that works with OV4VC)
  2. vCenter was configured with a proxy, means the OV4VC appliance needs to be configured for тАЬNO_PROXYтАЭ
  3. OneView connectivity issue.
  4. OV4VC certificate need to be added to vCenter certificate trust store. Refer to the User Guide (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00002531en_us&docLocale=en_US&page=GUID-C0303D39-12AB-4593-AB5A-FFC30B0AE33D.html)

If all this is OK and you're still seeing issues, you may want to open an HPE support case.

I work for HPE
GMLU_IT
Occasional Contributor

Re: HPE OV4VC 11.3, vLCM, certificates and registering SPP.

Thanks for the reply. 

In my case the custom SPP was created using hp sum and not the custom spp portal. So i guess this marks my SPP as unsupported.