New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to interpret CpuAvgFreq

SOLVED
Go to solution
lightSeeker
Advisor

Unable to interpret CpuAvgFreq

Hello!

I am parsing data collected from the HPE BL460c Gen9's iLO4.

Data collected from CpuAvgFreq, under /redfish/v1/Chassis/1/Power/FastPowerMeter,

is incoherent with data collected from PowerTOP.

PowerTOP will show the processor cores running at some 1.2 GHz,

while the iLO4 reports the unfathomable datum of CpuAvgFreq = 3142 (3 .142 GHz?) 

On other occasions, inexplicably, CpuAvgFreq = 0.

To cap it off, the explanation of CpuAvgFreq on HP RESTful API Data Model Reference, p.129 is unintelligible:

"CPU average frequency of the power supply" (power supply?!).

Any ideas?

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

The document does say "CPU average frequency of the power supply"!!! as you mention.

Here, I am trying an educated guess to answer you question. Well, at the face of it one may question as to whether it is reporting CPU frequency of the power supply. It is well known that there are no processors in the power supply. It may be that the average CPU frequency powered by the respective power supply. I am unable to come up with any other explanation.

I apologize if it does not help, or in fact, if it does not make any sense.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

lightSeeker
Advisor

Thank you for posting; at least I'm not the only one in difficulty here

With blade servers, I suppose that there is no single power supply but a set of supply rails that are powered by all BladeSystem chassis power supplies.

Is there no source within HPE that can be tapped to explain this artefact of iLO4?

Cheers,

Etienne

Suvamay
HPE Pro
Solution

"CpuAvgFreq" property as part of PowerMeter object provides the CPU average frequency in MHz, but in iLO 4 this property value is always "0" because the source of this data has been disabled in iLO 4.

But for iLO 5 reads the CPU Average Frequency per Processor from IE (Innovation Engine) and the same information is available in Redfish Telemetry Service enabled in iLO 5 Firmware Version 1.40 (or later)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
lightSeeker
Advisor

Excellent, thank you!

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @lightSeeker,

That's Awesome! 

We are extremely glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo