New Discussion

Re: Alletra 6000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian8jbm
Contributor

Alletra 6000

Hi Team,

While configuring 6000 appliance with 6050 controller with 276TB Raw capacity, performance displayed shows 2.1 GB/s sequential write performance on NinjaStars. How can we address the query of increasing this performance metric considerably to support 500 users VDI deployment?

Regards,
Brian
3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi Brian

I request you to refer to the below link, which talks about deployment considerations.

URL: https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/cms/active/public/tmg_HPE_Nimble_Storage_Deployment_Considerations_for_VMware_Horizon_View_doc_version_family.whz/kom1497992736447.html

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Thomas_Lam_HK
HPE Pro
Solution

Let's not focusing on the max sequential throughput as VDI loading are typically small block size dominant (4K ~ 8K)..,

The loading should be quite easy for this array system as assume 50 IOPS per user, 500 customer will be 25,000 IOPS in total. 

Remember, the golden rule is "Throughput = IOPS x block size", with 4K x 25,000 it will just be 100MB/s and with 8K it will be 200MB/s,  

And if you compare to the ceiling of an A6050, it still got much headroom for other workloads.

Thomas Lam - Global Storage Field CTO

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Brian8jbm
Contributor

Noted Thomas!

Thank you for the support!