Servers - General
1754615 Members
3259 Online
108823 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BIOS config auto restart computer after power failure ...

wowhsieh
Occasional Advisor

BIOS config auto restart computer after power failure ...

already config BIOS auto restart computer after power failure, when UPS sent power to server, the power button light on amber, but server didn't auto re-start?!

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: BIOS config auto restart computer after power failure ...

Hi,

It would be help full if you could tell us the server model, bios version and UPS model.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

wowhsieh
Occasional Advisor

Hi Suman,

The model is DL386 G10 plus, I setup ...... System Utilities>System Configuration>BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU)>Server Availability>Automatic Power-On>Always Power On, the server has installed UPS agent & software and connect to a managed UPS, when AC power lost, UPS call the server to shutdown automatically, when AC power back, then UPS send power to server, at this time the DL386G 10 power butten only lite amber without auto-restart?! 

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Thanks for providing the information.

Have you done any settings in iLO?  Check the System Power Restore Settings

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

wowhsieh
Occasional Advisor

@Suman_1978 Hi Suman,

No, I didn't login iLO to config this feature, but suppose it can also configured from the BIOS, right?!

Rama2
HPE Pro

Kindly confirm if the redundant power supply mode is set to Balanced Mode. If yes, we need to investigate why it's not working. Please raise a support ticket with HPE for further analysis.

Reference link:https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00001068en_us&page=GUID-D7147C7F-2016-0901-0A72-000000000A67.html

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo