2310 Online
108867 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installing Windows Server 2022 - error 0xc0e90002

davurleon
Regular Visitor

Installing Windows Server 2022 - error 0xc0e90002

Hi!

I have recently bought a Microserver Gen10 Plus v1, and I want to use Windows Server 2022 on it.

However, if I try to install from a freshly downloaded iso from Microsoft, written to USB via Rufus (I can't use HPs own USB tool as it does not support USB3) I get the above error as soon as the installer starts.

The info section says: An unexpected error has occured.

I can read several other places that this has to du with the UEFI/Secure Boot option, so I have restored default UEFI, I have cleared all keys in Secure Boot, have turned off Secure Boot but to no avail.

Does anyone have a good idea for me to get the software installed?

4 REPLIES 4
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi davurleon,
     If rufus is not working. Pleae try with USBKey or Ventoy.  Please refer this post.

Please make a note that -
* Try with new USB stick which supports USB3 along with USB utility tool.
* It is better to keep the .iso file in the server where the USB is connected.
* Sometimes you may forget to make it bootable. Sometime, people may copy the .iso image directly to USB, which will not work.

Regards,
Shiva_JR
Please give KUDOS and mark as 'Accepted solution' if my post worked.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

davurleon
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply.

However it changes nothing, I still get the same error when I try to install...

shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi davurleon,
Please clarify in which step are you getting an issue -

Step 1 : Verify the USB stick is working fine ? 
Step 2 : Create USB bootable disk of WIndows ISO image using tools such as rufus, HPE Utility etc. Refer the link.
Step 3 : Configure the BIOS to boot from USB drive. (Configurations such as enabling USB, making USB device as first boot device etc.)
Step 4 : Verify whether the boot menu is showing the USB drive.  If yes, start booting it.

Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

davurleon
Regular Visitor

@shiva_jr 

Hi Shiva

I appreciate your answer, but I think that you have not fully read what my problem is.

I have the USB, it works in another computer and I also can boot from it on my Microserver, however, as soon as the installer starts it throws the 0xc0e90002 error that I have read several places has something to do with the UEFI settings or something.