2722 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rx8640 cell addition

Hawkeye
HPE Pro

Re: rx8640 cell addition

Hi Paul,

The rx8640 Complex enforces the core activation rules even with no OS running.

It knows how many iCAP (inactive) cores it should have and will try to maintain this.

You would need to purchase CPU RTU's (Right-to-Use) to activate all cores and hence all cells.

The RTU's would allow you to apply a codeword to the Complex and then activate all cells/CPU/cores.

Unfortunately, the CPU RTU's for rx8640 have been obsolete since 31Dec22 and hence are no longer available.

So, your best bet would be to utilise your rx8640 Complex that already has 4 active cells.

I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

pcoviello
Occasional Advisor

would you happen to know what in particular in the complex holds that info?  I would rather swap that our vs the whole unit!  those things are not light!!

if not I'll swap it at some point over the holidays

thank you 

Hawkeye
HPE Pro

Hi Paul,

The iCAP inventory is securely held in the server hardware to prevent unauthorised activation of iCAP components.

You should not try to circumvent these measures and I cannot advise you on how to do this.

I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo