108823 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Nimble dhci failed to add server

SOLVED
Go to solution
MMelo
HPE Pro

Nimble dhci failed to add server

Hello, I'm trying to add a server to an existing Nimble dhci. After filling up all the information I need on the vCenter Plugin, I have an error and the message is simple "Failed to submit a task to add server", don't have any clue about what is happening, thanks for help.

dhci-error.JPG

I work for HPE.
5 REPLIES 5
MMelo
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Nimble dhci failed to add server

Solved after adding and removing the host to vCenter, I honestly don't know why!!

I work for HPE.
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @MMelo,

That's Excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know you were able to find the solution and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
RCostin
Occasional Advisor

Hello all

I am coming here with the same problem.

I have a dhci cluster with 4 servers. We've been attacked by a CACTUS  and somehow the hacker entered the esxi hosts and erased everything.

We have snapshots with the data but I need to add servers into the dhci cluster.

I removed one of the server from the cluster (the others 3 are marked as Not responding), I reinstalled ESXi on this one an, when I try to follow the guide (VCenter:HPE Multi-array Storage -> Array -> Inventory:servers -> Add server, I receive the same error as OP.

I tried to add it to the VCenter, and removed. Added to cluster and removed. Nothing.

I receive the error below.

hperror.png

Any ideea ?

Thank you

Costin

WalterVanHoolst
HPE Pro

Always contact Nimble support for this kind of needed support. I think that just re-installing ESXi is not good enough. You need to install the HPE ESXi image which holds also Storage Connection Manager (previously Nimble Connection Manager) which is needed to connect to the array

Storage Veteran from Nimble Storage
I work for HPE.
RCostin
Occasional Advisor

Hello

I finished by manually adding all the ESXi servers to the cluster: install from customized HPE iso, add Storage Connection Manager, restore the distributed switch and reattach the snapshots (the original volumes were encrypted or erased).

I have a functional cluster now

I noticed that with VMware-ESXi-7.0.3-21424296-HPE-703.0.0.11.3.0.5-Apr2023, I was able to start the wizzard but it was unable to contact the server on the new IP (didn't even tried on the old IP). I received messages like was unable to figure out if the ilo IP is set via DHCP or not. If, after I pressed the Submit button, I manually changed the ESXi  IP, the wizard can reset the ilo IP and proceed with a normal operation.

However, for the reasons that are beyond me, right now, all the servers dissapeared from the Inventory tab of the vSphere addon.

Maybe, after the team involved in the forensic process will finish, I will try to check the logs and everything.

All the best

Costin