1758350 Members
2224 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XP7 THP & Basic with Continuous access journal for mainframe

kmathieu

XP7 THP & Basic with Continuous access journal for mainframe

Hello,

On XP7 using continuous access journal for mainframe is it compatible to have a mix of emulation such as the P-VOL are THP with emulation type of 3390A and the S-VOL are Basic provisioning with emulation type of 3390-3 or 3390-9?

2 REPLIES 2
PrathibaC
HPE Pro

Re: XP7 THP & Basic with Continuous access journal for mainframe- Query Id: #27372

Please refer the below link

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00064233en_us

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: XP7 THP & Basic with Continuous access journal for mainframe

Hi kmathieu

As per the HPE XP7 Continuous Access Journal Software User Guide (December 2021), it is not recommended to mix emulation types for P-VOL and S-VOL pairs in a Continuous Access Journal environment for the mainframe.

In section 1.1.1 "Continuous Access Journal software for mainframe", the guide states, "When using Continuous Access Journal software, the P-VOL, and the S-VOL must be of the same type of emulation, size, and protection level."

Additionally, in section 2.2.2 "Volume considerations for Continuous Access Journal", the guide notes, "CAJ supports consistency between P-VOLs and S-VOLs that have the same attributes, such as the same emulation type."

Therefore, it is recommended to use the same emulation type for P-VOL and S-VOL pairs in a Continuous Access Journal environment for the mainframe. Mixing emulation types may result in compatibility issues and impact system performance.

Here is the link to the HPE XP7 Continuous Access Journal Software User Guide: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c04532421

Hope this helps.!!!

Regards
Mahesh

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo