108871 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP StoreVirtual CMC on linux

SOLVED
Go to solution
KerryMac

HP StoreVirtual CMC on linux

Good afternoon.

Does someone have positive experience with install and work with HP StoreVirtual CMC on linux? My windows VM with installed 'HP StoreVirtual CMC' about to die, i want to use linux to manage storage. Positive i mean same functionality as on MS, - setup/install, management, alerts, etc. 

Respectfully,

AlexM.

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP StoreVirtual CMC on linux

System recommended content:

1. HPE StoreVirtual 4000/LeftHand P4000 Storage - Flow Control of 10GB NIC Can Not be Setting under CMC After Upgrade to Lefthand OS 11.0

2. HP StoreVirtual 4630 Storage - Troubleshooting

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Assen
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello AlexM,

great to see people still using this great product!

The install should be straight forward. You will need a JRE installed on the machine. After that just make the CMC_12.8.00.0127.0_Installer_Linux_64.bin file executable and run it.

Please check on the SPOCK portal (login needed), under Other Hardware/Storevirtual the HPE StoreVirtual 4000 and HPE StoreVirtual VSA Compatibility Matrix which version of linux is compatible with the CMC. From what I see 12.8 CMC 32/64bit is good to go with Ubuntu 18.0.4.

The functionality is the same as on Windows.

If you like you could go hardcore and just use the CLI , you can do all the stuff that you can do in the CMC and more, with just a putty or simmilar tool;)

How To get to the cliq:

1. Using port 16022 ssh to the node.
2. Log in with adminstrator login used by the cmc.
3. Have fun!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Assen (former Storevirtual Support)

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

KerryMac

Good afternoon, Assen.

Yes that was helpful, but only version i was able to download is 12.7 (HPE_StoreVirtual_Centralized_Management_Console_for_Linux_64_bit_BM480-10622.bin). If by any chance you know link to get CMC 12.8 for ubuntu, that would be awesome.

Thank you in advance.

AlexM

KerryMac

Assen, please ignore my previous message. I found 12.8 CMC for Linux. Now fighting with ubuntu.

Thank you again for advise.

AlexM.