2203 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

storeonce 5660 : failed to bring storage online

elias1361
Occasional Advisor

storeonce 5660 : failed to bring storage online

hello 

i recently installed 5660 with 8 jbods. all sas cabling is done properly. all license s are installed and since there should not be any problem. but as you see i keep getting error messages. jbod sequence numbers : 1 2 2 1 . 

please help me resolve this problem. 

1.png2.png3.png4.png

13 REPLIES 13
elias1361
Occasional Advisor

Re: storeonce 5660 : failed to bring storage online

The  event code E0343000029 keeps posting in event log even when jbods are not connected. 

neutral
HPE Pro

Hello @elias1361,

Was that working fine before? or you are facing the issue soon after installing the enclosure?

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Gans_Tapes
HPE Pro

@elias1361 

The errors posted appear to have issues with underlying storage or hardware. This is not a simple fix that can be provided over a forum post. I recommend that you get a case raised with the logs to understand in detail current state of the StoreOnce. When opening a case reuqest you to please provide additional data: 

1. Was this a working config and then new storage/JBOD added?
2. When was system installed?  Did the system ship fully configured?

3. Is this the only appliance or is there more than one appliance at this site? 
4. Provide additional information on what changes were done. (Cabling/connectivity/disks swapped or moved etc)

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

elias1361
Occasional Advisor

1. Was this a working config and then new storage/JBOD added?

.it is a new installation

2. When was system installed?  Did the system ship fully configured?

it is installed just yesterday.i do not know that system was configured before but the licenses was already installed and fc and network cards already intalled. 

3. Is this the only appliance or is there more than one appliance at this site? 

it is only installation in this site but we purchased 2 more.first installation completed succesfully.third installation does not started.

4. Provide additional information on what changes were done. (Cabling/connectivity/disks swapped or moved etc)

no changes has been done and nothing swapped

thanks .

elias1361
Occasional Advisor

i do not know but is there any chance that hp preconfigured base and jbods ? 

so specific controller should be connected to specific jbods.

in that case is there any way to reset jbods serials to base ? 

neutral
HPE Pro

Hello @elias1361,

You can refer to this document and follow point 5 for connecting the data cables.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00001037en_us&page=GUID-5AB31F11-8753-43FB-92E9-3CCD7B9A5E62.html 

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Gans_Tapes
HPE Pro

@elias1361 

Thank you for the update. The option to unconfigure/reconfigure storage via GUI is available only if the storage was online/configured. However, in this case, there has been hardware changes and hence the need to futher understand the current state of the  unit. So please raise a case and to get the support ticket reviewed. Resetting storage will need support intervention. 

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

elias1361
Occasional Advisor

hello

my problem solved by replacing the base.it was preconfigured with specific jbods. in attached pics 8 jbods are missing and 8 are new. it shows that the base expected to connect to missing jbods and it is not configured to connect to new ones.

however problem solved. 

thank you guys for your attention.

neutral
HPE Pro

Hello @elias1361,

That's good to hear. Thank you for updating here.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo