1946 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EX490 Recovery Disc

SOLVED
Go to solution
akdoyle13

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc

I am in a tough situation and not sure which way to turn.

At some point, we setup the HPMediaSmart Server EX490 on a Blue laptop at my house.  I moved all of my family pictures off of a Red laptop onto the HP MediaSmart server.

However, at some point we weren't able to access it anymore from anything.  I am not sure what happened actually. 
Either way, years later...  We now have 3 other laptops.  (We still have the old ones, but they are mostly unusable.)

Now, we have:
Original Blue Windows laptop that has the software but no browser that works or internet access that works.  Possibly corrupted machine.

Silver Windows laptop that has internet, but non of the HP software we needWe tried to access the server via the name and online instructions from this machine, but canтАЩt access it for some reason. The server turns on and looks fine.

Red Laptop, that has nothing on it anymore at all.  But does have internet access and browsers that work.

I am not sure what to do now.
I use a Mac now.  But we do have the Silver Windows Laptop that works fine.
If you don't mind at all and know where I can turn for help, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!
akdoyle13

Oh Wow!  We just found all 3 disks.  So I am installing them onto my mac now.  Then I will see if I can some how access the server.

TheRick
Visitor

Hey tom, 

I'm also having issues with my media server..

It doesnt seem to go into recovery mode... when i do try the server recovery it stops at step 2 of 4, always..

I tried everything but it just wont work..

I am using W10, may that be the issue?

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I'm using my server with Win10 without an issue. I also have a WinXP and Win7
connected to it. (Gasp)

Which step 2 are you referring to?

Can you get into recovery mode?

Do you have the Server Manual? Look at pages 7-10 thru 7-12.

Here's a link to all the documentation and software I've uploaded.

Tom
MigZ12
Occasional Visitor

Hello Guys, i'm looking for Software and Recovery DISK for my HP MediaSmart Server EX487 any help will appreciated!.

Thank you

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I uploaded disk images of all the HP CD's for the EX490 to my Google drive here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzRIeI12rXCDNXNlWFdzY29JYm8?usp=sharing

I do not know if they will work on an EX487 but it's worth a shot. Read the Reload instructions txt file.

Tom Hayes

RichardAE

I think I am one of the 6 people left on the planet with a functioning Mediasmart Server. Off and on over the years I have looked for the Version 3.0 software for my EX487 and today I decided to take another look after a hard drive problem made me think about it. 

I came across this thread that had started in 2013 and thought, "there is no way the links to the software are still valid". I read through the 10 pages of the thread and am amazed that someone else just 2 months ago was also looking for help and there was still someone out there providing it.

Thank you, Tom! I am downloading the software now and have no idea if it will work but I wanted you to know that I, and the other 5 WHS survivors, are very grateful.

rswong

Tom,

Thanks for posting the links to the docs, isos and tips!  This helped me recover my EX495!!!   

I  have had my HP EX495 for years, and it's been a workhorse, I've replaced my P/S once, a bit noisier, but it works!!!

Take care!

Randy

WELLIS66

@TomHayesMP 

Tom; If you are still out there, you might want to check the files uploaded to Google.  Copied them to my AirGaped machine and attempted to create a DVD.  I got two Norton warnings about viruses attached to the files after the image completed.  It is possible that the virus was on the machine before I imaged the CD, but just thought you might want to know.

Heur.AdvML.C
Type: Anomaly
Risk: High (High Stealth, High Removal, High Performance, High Privacy)
Categories: Heuristic Virus
-----------
1 Infected File
D:\PXE\hp-tftpd32.exe - Failed

Trojan.Gen.2
Type: Anomaly
Risk: High (High Stealth, High Removal, High Performance, High Privacy)
Categories: Virus
-----------
1 Infected File
D:\PXE\hp-tftpd32.exe - Failed

Gromblek

Thanks Tom for the disk images, it has been realy helpful. For those of you who are doing recovery I also found the following thread.
https://forums.wsusoffline.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8190&start=40
Since Microsoft no longer supports WHS, someone has created a offline WSUS disk image with all the WHS V1 updates.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/m2r4t1jsyrzam/wsusou_WHS

Jonas