2770 Online
108869 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILOREST: Modifying existing ILO IP

KennG
Visitor

ILOREST: Modifying existing ILO IP

Hi HPE Support,

I'm trying to modify existing ILO IP but I'm getting an error.

iLOrest > get IPv4StaticAddresses -j --filter "@odata.id=/redfish/v1/Managers/1/EthernetInterfaces/1/"
Selected option(s): #EthernetInterface.v1_4_1.EthernetInterface
{
"IPv4StaticAddresses": [
{
"Address": "10.243.0.83",
"Gateway": "10.243.0.1",
"SubnetMask": "255.255.252.0"
}
]
}
iLOrest return code: 0

iLOrest > set IPv4StaticAddresses=[10.243.0.133,10.243.0.1,255.255.252.0] --filter=@odata.id=/redfish/v1/Managers/1/EthernetInterfaces
/1/
ERROR: 'dict' object has no attribute 'lower'
iLOrest return code: 255

From API doc https://hewlettpackard.github.io/python-redfish-utility/#i-think-this-property-is-an-array-but-i-can-39-t-tell-by-the-get-list-output, it says to just put [ ] for array so I'm not sure what format it is asking.

iLOrest > info IPv4StaticAddresses

NAME
IPv4StaticAddresses

DESCRIPTION
The IPv4 static addresses assigned to this interface.

TYPE
array

READ-ONLY
False

SUB-PROPERTIES
Address, AddressOrigin, Gateway, SubnetMask

10 REPLIES 10
Lyke69
Occasional Advisor

Re: ILOREST: Modifying existing ILO IP

Check out this, this might help : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00020272en_us

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken link. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

KennG
Visitor

Hello Lyke69,

We can do it via ILO GUI, thats not an issue. Our goal is to automate/speed up the process by using ILOREST tool which I'm having an issue.

Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello,

Looks like something is wrong with the Syntax.. 

The error is 255

255 GENERAL_ERROR A general error occurred while manipulating server settings. See the error message for details. Retry the operation. Report this issue for further investigation.

The available document is this only as of now : https://hewlettpackard.github.io/python-redfish-utility/#overview 

also you may refer to the below guide and find the alternate ways to modify the iLO IP 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03334058

Refer page : 100 onwards

If you still want to troubleshoot on this, i would suggest to log a support case with HPE.

Thanks,

TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

KennG
Visitor

Hi Tam,

Thanks for your inputs. I've already checked the python redfish document before posting the issue here so there's not much there. 

I only need to know the ff:

-correct format/syntax in configuring IPv4StaticAddresses  since its an array

-If its possible to reconfigure ILO IP even if it is currently has an IP configured.

Of course, this can easily be done by just logging in ILO GUI and do it from there but then again I want to automate it somehow.

As for the RIBCL, I haven't checked this one yet as I've only used ILOREST so far.

BR/ Kenn

Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would request you to log a case with HPE support so that the concerned team can assist you on this.

Thanks,

TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

KennG
Visitor

Hi Tam,

Thanks for your advice. I'll try to raise a ticket.

stephane_lapie
Occasional Advisor

I managed to get it to work by doing the following :

$ ilorest set --selector EthernetInterface.v1_4_1 --filter "@odata.id=/redfish/v1/Managers/1/EthernetInterfaces/1/" DHCPv4/DHCPEnabled=false Oem/Hpe/DHCPv4/Enabled=false --commit

$ ilorest rawpatch -f patch.json

$ ilorest iloreset

With patch.json containing the following :

{
  "path": "/redfish/v1/Managers/1/EthernetInterfaces/1/",
  "body": {
    "IPv4StaticAddresses": [
      {
        "SubnetMask": "255.255.0.0",
        "Gateway": "192.168.1.1",
        "Address": "192.168.128.150",
      }
    }
  }
}

FWP
Visitor

To everyone coming here searching in vain, trying to figure out this horribly documented convoluted tool and that the above json did not work for either...

THIS is the command you need for ILOrest to change the ILO IP Address from CLI and move on with your life.

Behold...

/opt/tools/ilorest ethernet --network_ipv4 10.10.10.177,10.10.10.1,255.255.255.0

On ESXi with the HP image this is installed in /opt/tools

First field = IP
Second field = Gateway
Third field = Subnet mask.
Comma separated no spaces.

Also to save anyone else hours of looking, to change the ILO Administrator pass from ESXi command line use:

/opt/tools/ilorest iloaccount changepass Administrator

You're welcome.

RoganW

On an ESXi 7.0.3 box, when I try: 

/opt/tools/ilorest ethernet --network_ipv4 10.10.10.177,10.10.10.1,255.255.255.0

I get:

ERROR: 'DHCPv4'

Is this because DHCP is enabled? If so, how do I disable it so I can set a static IP?

Can't even installl HPONCFG anymore - talk about making something simple into something complicated!

TIA