2709 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE RMC Snapshot Creation Fails with Error Code RMCV-1

Alpha_1_1
Valued Contributor

HPE RMC Snapshot Creation Fails with Error Code RMCV-1

Hi,

We've just implemented HPE StoreOnce with RMC 6.0 in our backup environment, which is a DP 10.20 / Veeam 9.5 running in a VMware environment on HPE 3PAR 8400 storage.

We've had it up and running for a couple of weeks now and are gradually transferring Veeam operations over to RMC - so far, so good.

However last night a scheduled job failed with the following error:

"HPE RMC Snapshot creation failed: "VM - nnnn" is currently in use. Lock held by user 'account@domain' at '2019-02-06 23:00:12"

We've been unable to find the cause of the lock, but have determined that it's not the VM that was named in the alert - we v-motioned it to another datastore, then reran the RMC Protect operation which failed again, identifying a different VM as the culprit.

So far, we've not seen this error on any other RMC policy, but it's early days for us - we still have a long way to go in migrating our Veeam operations.

I'd be interested to know whether anyone has seen this behaviour and been able to find a cause and solution - I've got upwards of 200 objects to apply in RMC so it'd be good to have a head start on fixing this if it starts to become more widespread.

Thanks,
Bob

GTS I&O - "In the Server Room, no-one can hear you scream..."
3 REPLIES 3
AmarR
HPE Pro

HI, can you please collect RMC support Ticket and send it to me through a Private message by clicking here.

we will analyse and get back to you.

Thanks,

Amar

I am a HPE Employee
aljazp
Visitor

Hi, have you ever found a solution for this? We're running 6.3 and have the exact same issue. Some VMs just throw the "Lock held by user" error and we can't seem to be able to figure out why. 

HPE Support hasn't given any useful information on why this might be happening

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @aljazp,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo