1758339 Members
2340 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade Raid

AndersonNicolau

Upgrade Raid

Bom dia, ao instalar um servidor HP Proliant Dl380 Gen10, n├гo configurei o RAID. J├б estou com o servidor em opera├з├гo e gostaria de configurar o RAID 1 com 2 HD. ├Й poss├нvel fazer esta configura├з├гo sem perder as configura├з├╡es do sistema operacional e programas instalados? Como fazer?

Google Translated: 

Good morning, when installing an HP Proliant Dl380 Gen10 server, I did not configure RAID. I already have the server in operation and would like to configure RAID 1 with 2 HDs. Is it possible to do this configuration without losing the operating system settings and installed programs? How to make?

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

Before performing any changes to the configuration, backup data and configuration to safe guard from any issue.

Add the hard drives in the server and start the HPE Smart Storage Administrator. You may refer to section "6.2 Creating an Array" on page 21 of the "HPE Smart Storage Administrator GUI User Guide" for information.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

ngnear
HPE Pro

If you didn't configure RAID on the server, It should have RAID0 on it. You can confirm this by checking in HPE SSA utility.

If it is RAID0 and you want to configure RAID1, do note that RAID1 works on data mirroring principal. Which means for storing X TB of data, you would require 2X TB of space.
So if your RAID0 has 10TB of data (Example), you would need to allocate 10TB + 10TB for the data to be mirrored.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @AndersonNicolau,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo