1758360 Members
2666 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Smart Storage Administrator Hanging

collinKC
Occasional Contributor

Smart Storage Administrator Hanging

We have 2 brand new identical DL360Gen10 servers running Windows 2022 with this same config.  We are using HP Smart Storage Administrator 6.30.8.0.  We have 2 D3610 disk shelves connected to a P408e controller and cabled using single domain design with .05 meter mini sas cables 691971-B21.  When we log into Smart Storage Administrator and click on the external controller it hangs for 5 minutes until the disk drives are displayed.  Clicking around is also very slow.  It's so slow that we cannot create a RAID group.  This is happening on 2 identical servers.  Are there any known compatibilities with these versions of software, hardware and OS? The only other controller is a P408i for the internal raid group.  All of the firmware and drives are up to date.

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may unintall and re-install HPE Smart Storage Administrator and see if it helps.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

collinKC
Occasional Contributor

@TVVJ I wish it was that easy.  That did not help but thanks for the reply.  

collinKC
Occasional Contributor

I have been working with support and we were able to configure RAID groups from the Array Configuration Utility on bootup but not from SSA in Windows.  So the issue has to do somewhere with the compatibility between SSA and the OS - Windows Server 2022