1758396 Members
2817 Online
108869 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ILO 5 shows health and storage degraded but there is no error

pirx
Valued Contributor

ILO 5 shows health and storage degraded but there is no error

I updated some ILOs last week to version 3.02 - not sure if this is related, also tried 3.03. Now I noticed that some DL360Gen10 show a warning regarding health and storage. But when I check the storage page I don't see any error, there is also nothing in log. 

Any idea how get rid of this warning or how to find the root cause?'

image.pngimage.png

7 REPLIES 7
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ILO 5 shows health and storage degraded but there is no error

System recommended content:

1. HPE iLO 5 v3.02 Release Notes | Issues and workarounds

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi @pirx , 
      The server health and storage shows the degraded status, even if the system components such as fan, power supply, DIMM, drives not seated properly or symptom of failure. Please try -
1) Check the IML logs, you may get the warnings about system components. Take necessary action.
2) Diagnose the DIMM and Drives, check any issues.
3) Check each of the component one by one in iLO, if any warnings or alerts.

Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

pirx
Valued Contributor

The storage health is degraded but storage page shows no error, not sure why I should DIMMs then. As I already wrote, no error in ILM either. And this is not just one server, its multiple at different locations. Only change, new ILO firmware 3.02.

image.pngimage.png

Mislav Puškar
Advisor

Hi

We have same problem on 2 of 3 DL360 Gen10 we upgraded, first to 3.02, then to 3,03.

shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi  @pirx ,
     As it is showing as one of the disk failed. I suggest to diagnose the disk once.   If it is found true, replace the disk. 
     If similar issue for multiple servers with iLO 3.03 update, then try downgrading the firmware to previous version (may be to 3.00 (15 Dec 2023)
     Even the same issue persists, please contact HPE support.
Regards,
Shiva_jR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

pirx
Valued Contributor

As it is showing as one of the disk failed. I suggest to diagnose the disk once.

@shiva_jr Is it showing this? Which disk then? All disks have ok state, that's my point. I already opend a case but support has no clue either. 

Edit: update from 3.02 to 3.03 did not solve the issue. But reverting to 3.00 does. So please HPE fix this ongoing ILO 5 mess!

pirx
Valued Contributor

I updated HPE support case with the information that the issue is related to newer ILO versions. The reaction: update controller firmware. There is no advisory that newer ILO version need latest controller firmware. There is also nothing in ILO changelogs. And support does not test if the update of controller fw really solved this issue.,

My expectation is: support should report this to R&D and its then fixed in next version. But instead I should trial and error with downtime of services on our end. The HPE support just does not exist for other things then sending out replacement parts.