1758560 Members
1761 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Default Password for Custom HPE ESXi Image

mbalaji1
Occasional Collector

Default Password for Custom HPE ESXi Image

I have tried installing Custom HPE ESXi Image without and with providing password. After installation, unable to login. Can anyone help with default password for Custom HPE ESXi Image?

16 REPLIES 16
RaviTyagi
HPE Pro

Hello Mbalaji,

Greetings of the day !

There is no default password for customer HPE Esxi Image . Please find below the link for the relevant documenetation .

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/559586

ESXi Passwords and Account Lockout =>(https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.security.doc/GUID-DC96FFDB-F5F2-43EC-8C73-05ACDAE6BE43.html)

Reagrds

RRT

I am an HPE Employee 

Disclaimer: One or more of the links above may take you outside the Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Web site, HPE does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the HPE Web site. Third-party links are provided to help you find the support you need. This information is subject to change without notice. We would be unable to assure the accuracy of this third-party information. The software manufacturer will be able to provide support for this third-party software.

Data integrity is customer responsibility. HPE recommends to have data backup frequently and before performing any activity so that it can be restored during disaster recovery.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Tularis
Occasional Contributor

This is not 100% correct.

I just installed ESXi via intelligent provisioning and the Wizard didn't ask for a password.

Once the server rebooted into VMware it askes for the root password. which is not <Blank>

AndreLavoie

I have the exact same issue, hours of Google fu and going through all related HPE documents did not yield anything.  I confirm, ESXi installed through the HPE intelligent provisioning does NOT ask to set a password at all.

Tularis
Occasional Contributor

Exactly! HPE doesn't have a clue how their own system works.

I just installed the Software from the HPE ISO like normal.

Keith Martin_3
Advisor

I have to agree with this.  I just tried using IP to install ESXi 7 and the wizard did not ask for a PW and I have no idea what it is.  I have been trying IP for years, and i can't emember a single time, even when the wizard did ask for a PW, that it actually worked.  Seems i always have had to reinstall just using the ISO.

Casper42
Respected Contributor

First off, the Original Post never once mentioned Intelligent Provisioning.  So unless you think the first respondant was a mind reader, perhaps cut them a little slack here.

The Intelligent Provisioning User Guide says:
ESXi 6.5 and earlier use the default password password. VMware ESXi 6.5U and later use the password Passw0rd_.

CCBELEE
Visitor

That is not right... 

i can't figure out the password also..

Avishay_P

The default password for EXSi 6.x and 7.x is          _Passw0rd_ 

Avishay_P