MSA Storage
1758459 Members
2867 Online
108871 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA 2060 Fault-tolerant cabling (mini-SAS)?

abnegated
Established Member

MSA 2060 Fault-tolerant cabling (mini-SAS)?

Is "Fault-tolerant cabling", for enclosures, available in the MSA 2060? 

The MSA 2040 and 2050 documentation shows diagrams of "Fault-tolerant cabling", but the MSA 2060 only shows "Straight-through cabling".   Fault tolerant allows you to cable A-2,3,4.5... and B-5,4,3,2.  If you only can do "Straight-through cabling" for A/B, then if you lost access, for example, of enclosure #3, you cannot access enclosure #4,#5, whereas in "Fault-tolerant cabling", you would still have access to #4,#5.  I just want to understand, if it's not available, why.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: MSA 2060 Fault-tolerant cabling (mini-SAS)?

System recommended content:

1. HPE MSA 2060 Storage Array - Overview

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Sahana_S
HPE Pro

Re: MSA 2060 Fault-tolerant cabling (mini-SAS)?

Hello @abnegated ,

MSA 2060 no longer supports ‘fault-tolerant’ SAS cabling for disk enclosures, it only supports 'straight-through' cabling.

Fault-tolerant cabling does not provide any meaningful increase to availability and is slightly less performant.

For more information on cabling, please refer to this QuickSpecs.

Thanks,
Sahana S.

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Sahana_S
HPE Pro

Re: MSA 2060 Fault-tolerant cabling (mini-SAS)?

Hello @abnegated ,

Let me know if this response answered your question.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved. 

Thanks,
Sahana S.

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo