MSA Storage
1758345 Members
2001 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA 2050 iscsi not map volume

Alex99

MSA 2050 iscsi not map volume

Hi all, this is the problem of iscsi  connections between the storage and the server, but there's no attached volume, Please tell me the correct way to grant access on the storage side, if you could elaborate on the instructions, thank you

supplement
storage MSA 2050 iscsi direct cable connection (previously everything worked before OS reinstallation) server on windows

5 REPLIES 5
Cali
Honored Contributor

Hi,

in that case, you get a new iSCSI Initiator Name on the Server.
Check the Name in the iSCSI Settings on the Server and Edit, or add in the Host Setting on the MSA.

See here https://www.informaticar.net/how-to-configure-hpe-msa-2050/ under Hosts.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Alex99

HI @Cali 

It's more about the fact that I think all the settings are correct, exactly no volume that was created a long time ago, Now if you create a new volume and also give access to it, it will appear without problems in the disks on the server, with similar actions the old volume does not appear for some reason, 

maybe there are some HPE engineers here?

Cali
Honored Contributor

Can you post Screenshots of the Host Settings and Volume Presentation from the MSA and the iSCSI Initiator Setting of your Host?
(You can use the Camera Symbol above.)

Otherwise, we are groping in the dark.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Alex99

@Cali  Yeah, sure. Here are the settings. there's a little bit of a change now, the volume finally showed up
but it won't let me go online.
The second volume with the same settings works fine without problems 

Spoiler

Alex99

update, @Cali 

managed to get a normal connection
only the volume is now in this state (50Tb which), how can I fix it without losing data?
as I remember there should be a file system there REFS