1758568 Members
1953 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RDM Disk

Tawfiq_Lahlouh
Visitor

RDM Disk

Kindly I need to export disk from alletra storege  ""HPE Alletra 9060" to vmware VM to add them as RDM Disk

any help for steps and procedures 

2 REPLIES 2
Satish04
HPE Pro

Hi Tawfiq_Lahlouh,

You can export a disk from HPE Alletra 9060 storage to a VMware VM as a Raw Device Mapping (RDM) disk by following these steps.

1. If you want to export a disk, make sure it is properly configured and accessible from the HPE Alletra 9060 storage system, and note down the unique identifier or name of the disk you want to export from the HPE Alletra 9060 storage.
2. Make sure the VM to which you want to add the RDM disk is powered off in your VMware vSphere environment.
3. Below is the procedure to add RDM Disk to the VM:
- Locate the VM in the vSphere Web Client.
- Select "Edit Settings" for the VM.
- Click "Add New Device" or "Add RDM Disk".
- Choose "Raw Device Mapping".
- Select the appropriate LUN corresponding to the disk on the HPE Alletra 9060 storage.
- Complete the wizard to add the RDM disk to the VM.
4. To ensure the new disk is recognized on the ESXi hosts, rescan the HPE Alletra 9060 storage adapters after adding the RDM disk.
5. After adding the RDM disk to the VM, power it on and configure the disk within the guest operating system, this may include initializing, partitioning, and formatting it.
6. Verify that the RDM disk is accessible and functioning correctly within the VM and perform any necessary testing or validation to ensure that it behaves as expected.

Hope this helps.!

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Tawfiq_Lahlouh,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo