1758541 Members
3718 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cascades Brocades C7000 and HPE Synergy San Switches & Alletra 9000

WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Cascades Brocades C7000 and HPE Synergy San Switches & Alletra 9000

My actual HPE Alletra 9060 is connected to the two San switches in an HPE C7000, a new HPE Synergy is going to be added, and no external San switches are available, only the San switches that are in the C7000 and the Synergy 12000 system.

Question,

Can I connect the available ports in the Alletra 9060 nodes to the new San switches in the Synergy frame like in my picture?

Can I make the cascade of the actual San switches in the C7000 with the San switches in the new Synergy Frame? 

C7000_Synergy_Alletra_SanSwitches.png

Regards 

Williams

rperez
3 REPLIES 3
Satish04
HPE Pro

Re: Cascades Brocades C7000 and HPE Synergy San Switches & Alletra 9000

Hi WilliamSmith11,

There is an option to connect the HPE Alletra 9060 nodes to the HPE Synergy frame's SAN switches.
With this setup, the Alletra 9060 nodes would be able to communicate with the HPE Synergy system.
Cascading the SAN switches in the HPE C7000 with those in the HPE Synergy frame will depend on the models and compatibility of the switches.
The switches must support cascading and be compatible in terms of protocols and configurations.

URL - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00062177enw

Hope this helps.!

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

@Satish04 Hi Satish,

The picture that I attached is a valid Option so interconnect the Alletra 9060 to the Brocade San Switches in the Synergy Frame?

The HPE Spock indicates that the switches in the C7000 and the switches in the Synergy Frame are OK

Williams

rperez
MV3
HPE Pro

Hello,

I believe it will not be possible without a extyernal SAN Switch connecting the Alletra 9000, C7000, and HPE Synergy frame.

Cheers....

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo