1758342 Members
2165 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Supplement SPP naming mess by HPE

TKop
HPE Pro

@pirx there are changes in now that I can see on the custom SPP page and it is currently for the new stuff going forward.  The 2024.04.00.00 was just recently made available on the page and OV is showing the improved SPP naming for the convenience bundle:

FWbundles.PNG

I work for HPE
pirx
Valued Contributor

@TKop But the base SPP always contained the type/generation in the name and description. And 2024.04 is a new base SPP. What you compare in your screenshot is exactly what I'm compaining about (check my inital post). Base SPPs.... good, HPE Patch Baselines.... boooohhhh. Sure, it's possible that this changes from 2024.04 onwards, I just don't see it in your screenshot.

TKop
HPE Pro

@pirx that is a convenience bundle and not a base since pensado is added on.  Here's the repository view in OV showing the filenames.  Base SPPs have different filenames that do not include "bp-Convenience-download..."  

Capture.PNG

I work for HPE
pirx
Valued Contributor

@TKop Is this a custom bundle that you created? Because neither for Gen10 not Gen11 there is a predefined HPE patch bundle yet avaialble. Those were the only ones I've used in the past.

image.png

RenjuCR
HPE Pro

These changes will be applicable to Customized SPP and new versions of Convenience bundles i.e starting from FY24. Otherwise we have a challenge in rebuilding already released ones.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
pirx
Valued Contributor

@RenjuCR  if this is the case, then it's great improvement!

RenjuCR
HPE Pro

Thank you.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
TKop
HPE Pro

@pirx it wasn't a custom bundle but another type of convenience bundle available from the custom SPP portal.  It is another flavor like the patch bundle you mention, but instead of the patch bundle piece, there is a pensando bundle added on.  IOW not Base + Patch bundle but Base + Pensando bundle.  These both have the same approach and thus why I showed to give the new example.  As @RenjuCR  noted, it will further be present as patches come along.  Hope that helps!

Capture.PNG

I work for HPE