1755147 Members
5273 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion

Authentication issue in storm with zookeeper

HariprasathAS
Occasional Contributor

Authentication issue in storm with zookeeper

I am trying to setup apache-storm in HPE Ezmeral Data Fabric 7.3 by installing it manually since it is discontinued(https://docs.ezmeral.hpe.com/datafabric-customer-managed/75/InteropMatrix/r_discontinued_eco_components.html).

To start the storm service, zookeeper service is needed. When we start the storm service, it failed to authenticate with zookeeper since zookeeper is configured with MAPR-SECURITY mechanism.

java.lang.Error: org.apache.storm.shade.org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$AuthFailedException: KeeperErrorCode = AuthFailed for /storm

I tried various authentication properties in storm configuration file, but it didn't work. I have referred older Storm documentation of Ezmeral(https://docs.ezmeral.hpe.com/datafabric-customer-managed/52/Storm/Storm_ConfigBasic.html) and found that it is using Kerberos authentication. But my EDF 7.3 is using MAPR_SECURITY as default authentication mechanism.

So, just wanted to know whether we can connect storm with zookeeper having MAPR-SECURITY authentication mechanism.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Authentication issue in storm with zookeeper

System recommended content:

1. HPE Ezmeral Data Fabric – Customer-Managed 7.3 Documentation | Storm 0.10.0-1602 Release Notes

2. HPE Ezmeral Data Fabric – Customer-Managed 7.6.1 Documentation | Storm 0.10.0-1602 Release Notes

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

raymondyan
HPE Pro

Re: Authentication issue in storm with zookeeper

Hello HariprasathAS,

Thank you for reaching out to our community.

As you mentioned, Apache Storm is in a discontinued state. I suspect that the version of Storm you installed does not come from a currently available package repository on https://package.ezmeral.hpe.com/.

MapR-SASL is an originally implemented authentication mechanism, and there are code-level differences between the EEP version and the open-source version. As a result, MapR-SASL is not supported in EDF-7.3.

If you haven't already, you can try configuring these Java security settings as described in the article "Using Java Applications with Secure Clusters" to see if it resolves the issue.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Sunitha_Mod

Re: Authentication issue in storm with zookeeper

Hello @HariprasathAS,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo