108868 Solutions
New Discussion

HEP HSV300 EVA4400 have 12disk (300G) total 2.3T, how to add more disk capacity

JenWang
Occasional Advisor

HEP HSV300 EVA4400 have 12disk (300G) total 2.3T, how to add more disk capacity

Hello All,

I have a HEP HSV300 EVA4400 have 12disk (300G) total 2.3T,

That is a very important storage for our company vm host.

Now the disk capacity is not enogh, could help to provider me the idea for expand the disk capacity.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Satish04
HPE Pro

Re: HEP HSV300 EVA4400 have 12disk (300G) total 2.3T, how to add more disk capacity

Hi JenWang,

Please follow the below steps to expand the storage capacity.

1. Analyze your current storage usage and performance requirements.
2. You can free up some capacity by deleting unused VMs, and VVs and deleting duplicate data if any.
3. If you still facing storage capacity issues after deleting unused VMs, VVs, and duplicate data, you will need to expand the storage capacity by adding new disks.
4. Make sure your new disks meet your capacity and performance requirements.
5. Configure the new disks using the HPE EVA4400 management interface tool (HPE CVEVA).
6. Utilize your storage array's automated data redistribution feature to balance data across all disks, ensuring optimal performance and utilization.
7. After data migration, thoroughly test the functionality and performance of the virtual machines and applications.
8. You should consider implementing a long-term capacity planning strategy as your storage needs continue to grow.

Note: Ensure you have a reliable backup of all your data before making any changes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Re: HEP HSV300 EVA4400 have 12disk (300G) total 2.3T, how to add more disk capacity

Hello @JenWang,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo