2776 Online
108871 Solutions
New Discussion

How do I use Bookmarks, Subscriptions and RSS

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

How do I use Bookmarks, Subscriptions and RSS

How do I use bookmarks?

Bookmarks enable you to list community content (boards, articles, topics, or individual posts) on a special page so you can easily find it again. A browser has bookmarks, but the bookmarks referenced here are within the Community. You must be registered in the Community and logged in to add or use the bookmarks below.

To bookmark a piece of content:

Book Mark.png

•  Go to the item (board, post, blog, blog article) you want to bookmark
  • To bookmark a location, such as a discussion board or a blog, choose [Forum, Blog] Options > Bookmark
  • The illustration at right is a location bookmark
  • To bookmark a specific post or an article, go to the post or article and choose [Topic, Article] Options > Bookmark

To view and manage your bookmarks:

Book Mark 1.PNG

• Sign in to your Community account
  • Go to your profile page by clicking your screen name
  • Go to My Community > My Preferences
  • On the page that opens, select "Subscriptions & Notifications"
  • On the "Subscriptions & Notifications" page, select "My Bookmarks"

Bookmark3.PNG

• You can click a bookmark to go to the item
  • To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark and click Bookmark Options > Delete Selected Bookmarks.

Note: Sometimes the content in several boards is consolidated into either one of the boards or a completely new one. In this case, bookmarks to the old boards will not automatically transfer to the consolidated board. You will have to update your bookmarks manually. 

How do I use subscriptions?

Subscriptions let you get email updates whenever new content appears in an area of the community that you're interested in. You can subscribe to a board, a blog, or any other location in the community. You can also subscribe to a specific post on a board, a blog article, or even a label or "tab" within a blog. You must be registered in the Community and logged in to select email subscriptions.

Subscribe to a Forum: 

Forum Subscription.png

Subscribe to a Blog: 

Blog Subscription.png

• Go to the item to which you want to subscribe.
  • To subscribe to a location, such as a discussion board or a blog, click [Forum, Blog] Options > Subscribe
  • The illustration at right is a location subscription
  • To subscribe to a specific post or blog article, go to the post or article and click [Post, Article] Options > Subscribe
  • To subscribe to a Label on a blog, go to the blog and click the label or "tab". This will take you to the page associated with that label or "tab". Locate and click "Subscribe to this label" on the dark gray bar directly below the navigation bar.

To view and manage your subscriptions:

• Sign in to your Community account 
  • Go to your profile page by clicking your screen name 
  • Go to My Community > My Subscriptions
  • On the page that opens, you will see a list of the items to which you are subscribed

Subscription 1.PNG

• You can click a subscription to go to the item
  • To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.

What is RSS and how do I use it?

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication." It is a way for you to get the latest content from this community, along with many other sites that you visit, all in one place. With an RSS feed reader, you subscribe to websites, and those sites feed you headlines so you can stay up to date. You do not have to be logged into the Community to use RSS.

To use RSS, you need a feed reader, such as MyYahoo, or the Live Bookmarks feature of Firefox. There are many free options. After you have your feed reader set up, you can find RSS feeds in the community by going to a board, blog, thread, or message and selecting Subscribe to RSS Feed from the options menu. There you will see a preview of the feed. Most RSS readers give you a button to click at this point. After you click it, the RSS feed appears in your reader as well as new content from that section of the community whenever it becomes available

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png