2105 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Adding additional FCOE FlexHBA

khyron
Visitor

Adding additional FCOE FlexHBA

Hi All,

I have a few BL460c blade servers on a C7000 chassis. The blades are connected to HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534M adapter and HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 536FLB adapter. I notice that there are 2 HBA on the 536FLB adapter connected to a SAN storage. The 536FLB adapter is connecting to production storage and just recently the company just bought a new storage that requires a fiber channel connection. My question here is do I need to purchase an extra Mezzanine card to replace the current 536FLB adapter to add additional HBA? Below is the current Mezzanine card slot 1 & 2.   

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6ws2wvgnoxxqh6/bl460c%20mezzanine.JPG?dl=0 

Appreciate the advice and help that I can get.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Hi

LOM1:1-b and LOM1:2-b are the FCOE connection virtual ports on 536FLB adapter
MZ1:1-b and MZ1:2-b are the FCOE connection virtual ports on 534M adapter. 
If you already configured these ports for connection then you need to buy another adapter which can be installed in Mezz. 
But if you install another adapter in Mezz slot 2, you need to have Switches in Interconnect Bay 5 and 6. 
The reason is Mezz 2 connects to Interconnects 5 and 6. You cannot configure those connections to Interconnect 3 and 4 as they are hardwired on the Enclosure midplane. 

Hope this helps. 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

khyron
Visitor

Hi,

Appreciate your reply on the matter.

How can I change the Ethernet FlexNic (NIC2) MZ1:1-b and Ethernet FlexNic (NIC3) MZ1:2-b to FCoE FlexHBA LOM1: 1-b & FCoE FlexHBA LOM1: 2-b from the 534M adapter? Is this possible? From the OA I don't see the option to do this.

OA-interface.JPGbl460c mezzaninea.JPG

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

You cannot change the configuration from OA. Please note that these are two different adapters. 

You cannot change from Ethernet FlexNic (NIC2) MZ1:1-b and Ethernet FlexNic (NIC3) MZ1:2-b to FCoE FlexHBA LOM1: 1-b & FCoE FlexHBA LOM1: 2-b. 
But you can configure these adapters for FCOE connections from Virtual Connect Manager / Oneview (if enclosure is managed by Oneview). Also you should have a supported Flex Virtual Connect modules installed in the Interconnect bays.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

garybohnert
Occasional Visitor

How do I get into an older version of VCM without flash, or upgrade to one that doesn't require it?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @garybohnert,

Thank you for posting! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the ""New Discussion"" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo