Array Performance and Data Protection
1758351 Members
1966 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Nimble CS500 issue with scratch is out of space.

karlk83
Visitor

Nimble CS500 issue with scratch is out of space.

Any suggestions on how to get some space on the  Array
Array ProdArray: /scratch is out of space.

The Data Service stopped unexpectedly on the array, system will try to recover from this failure. For the several seconds that the recovery takes, data access will be affected.

2 REPLIES 2
Vipin_S
HPE Pro

Below is one of the workaround to clear up some space in scratch. (Make sure you dont delete any files which are necessary / important)

Check the files in scratch  location if any unwanted large files

Nimble-B:/# df -h /scratch
Nimble-B:scratch# ls -lh

Check the /scratch/diags/cores and /scratch/diags/cores_preprocessed/ directories for any cores.

Delete the unnecessary core files to free space starting with older ones first until there is at least 75% free in /scratch.
Once you have identified the top offending files, assess which core files to delete and cleanup cores accordingly.
Check to see if there are any recent events; older ones are candidates to delete first.

Example:
 rm /shared/processed-cores/core_dsd_atm.tar

Vipin_S
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @karlk83,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo