2757 Online
108871 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE Apollo 4200 Secure erase stuck at 100%

chiss
Occasional Visitor

HPE Apollo 4200 Secure erase stuck at 100%

Hi everyone.

We have started decommission of our few Apollo servers using the secure erase feature in the iLO 5. It went fine in the beginning and it reached 100%, however with an error " Time left until completion: -45780 seconds". In the decommission tab the " SATA Drives" is showing as "In progress", but looking in the IML log it states that all drives were successfully erased and their status in the Storage tab is "Standby Offline". This is on all our 5 servers which we started in the same time.

Have anyone had such problems ? I suppose since the drives are erased, we could manually finish the erase by resetting BIOS and iLO to factory defaults.

We do not longer have support for those systems so we cannot open a case for them.

Regards.

1 REPLY 1
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Apollo 4200 Secure erase stuck at 100%

Hi @chiss ,
     I got two points in this document, while digging more on your secure erase issue.
     1. The storage drives that you want to erase support a native sanitize method.
     2. Note: Before initiating the One-button secure erase, the Security reset function must be performed manually through the Smart Storage Administrator, if Smart Array Secure Encryption was enabled.
     Hope it will help you. For more detail on this, please refer this iLO 5 Secure erase document.
Regards,
Shiva_JR
Please mark as 'Accepted solution' and give me 'Kudos' if my post worked.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo